Friday, July 20, 2007

When it rains, it pours ...

When I woke up this morning, it was to the sound of the water pouring down outside my window. When I went to my meeting at the high school at noon, I got drenched. (One of the unwritten pleasures of public transportation is standing at the bus stop, I guess.) And when my meeting concluded, I left the school to get wet again.

I remember a July when I was still doing walking tours for the city's tourism department. It rained each and every single day I worked. By the end of the month, I was well on my way to developing gills.

I'm sitting at a restaurant right now, using their free wi-fi. Hopefully the weather will let up by the time I have to go outside again.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I ended up standing in the rain at the bus stop voluntarily on Friday. Why do people smoke in the shelters? Especially cheap cigars?! Yar!