Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Created Byhand Challenge (Sorta): Orange Skinny

The challenge this week at the Created By-Hand Tuesday Challenge Blog is two-fold, to create using orange (part one) a piece of art sized 3" x 5" (aka a "skinny"; part two).

Well, I'm probably not going to link this post on their blog because I really veered away this time. First of all, it's not done "by-hand" (it's my usual digital). Secondly, I don't like making "skinnies" because I can't trade them as ATCs, so I don't really have any use for them. I did, however, use orange as my base colour and inspiration for this piece.

When I was going through my bits and pieces of digital collage art, I stumbled across a postcard from Spain, and it made me laugh. There was originally a man standing behind this woman, dancing with her, but the look on her face made it perfectly clear he was little more to her than just an accessory, and so this ATC was born.

6 comments:

Faye said...

I had to hunt for you, but I succeeded in finding you!!! Thanks for the lift you gave me by commenting favorably on my blog. I love your orange non-skinny, and feel it should be linked somewhere. I admire digital artists. I've tried to master Photoshop Elements, but I have a long way to go. So when someone produces a work of art as exciting as yours, I just have to say Kudos to you! It's great! Your caption fits her expression just perfectly.

Kristy C said...

awesome!!!!

Rosie said...

Of course it's by hand!! Just because it's digi, doesn't mean you haven't put yourself into it... anyone can see you have a wicked sense of humour!! I'll trade you this ATC for my mesmerising eyes if you like? Just email me if you want to trade!! ;-]
And do link it, as I'm sure others would love to see it!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely skinny!!

Yogi said...

Love your commentary about your piece. I'm not into digital art, but yours turned out very nice. Love the words you used, so apropos.I also don't make skinnies, but I figure I can use it as a central portion to a card.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful image and great saying.