Thursday, July 24, 2008

Grey, rumbling skies

I awoke to the sounds of thunder. Well, that was the second time I woke. The first was at around 3 AM, when poor Zaph was trying to get through the closed bedroom door. (He wasn't feeling well but is much better now. A little hairball remedy can be a wonderful thing.)

Had some trouble getting back to sleep, and with the unsettled weather, I'm feeling a little like my brain is too big for my skull. (I should have seen this coming when I dreamt that a clerk at Dollarama asked me to hold her baby for a minute while she went to her car. The baby was the size of a marmoset, about the size of my hand, and the mother didn't come back. After several dreamtime hours had passed, I was debating what to do about the baby when Zaph woke me up.)

We might get large hail, they're saying. That could be interesting.

Okay, time to go find some breakfast and figure out what today will hold once the Advil army arrives.

No comments: