Monday, March 12, 2007

(yawn)

Sometimes, when sitting in class, it occurs to me that it has been a long time since I sat in the students' seats. At other times, like this, however, it only seems like yesterday.

I'm in the chemistry lab where I took Chem 121 "back in the day". The same Herman posters are hanging on the wall (including my favourite with the dog) and the grad poster for the class of 1988 is even still hanging on the nearby bulletin board. The kids are only half-focused on what they are supposed to be doing (same as I was with a substitute teacher in the room) and I have to keep reminding them of their test tomorrow.

I know how they feel. With Daylight Saving Time coming early this year, and coinciding with the end of March break, we all feel a little zombie-like. Well, everyone but the last class I just had. The grade nines were wound up, and drained me of every last bit of energy!

Today is the first day I have really regretted my decision to ditch my morning caffeine source. My 4 PM nap is quickly becoming a tradition.

No comments: