Saturday, April 21, 2007

Awesome day.

I decided that today was going to be a "picture-takin' day", so Hubby and I spent a few hours roaming around. It was a blast!

Of course, every good day has to have at least one good cat picture in it. Zaphod saw that I was about to put on my coat and decided that he wasn't going to let me go without a fight (ie: lying on top of my jacket!). His eyes have the coolest turquoise outlines around his pupils, and the jacket seems to bring that out in this picture.

First official "photo stop" was Fern Hill Cemetery. I wanted to stop by there, not to take pictures, but to reflect at a particular gravesite. On our way to that gravesite, however, we noticed a man staring in amusement at a particular stone. Lo and behold -- a groundhog who was so engrossed in his bread that he didn't become photo-shy.

After Fern Hill, we decided to just drive and see where we wound up. The answer to that turned out to be Cape Spencer, at the very end of the Red Head Road. We hadn't been out there in quite a while (maybe even since before we were married), so that was pretty cool.

I am jealous of all those scrapbooking wives out there who can take pictures of their smiling, cooperatively posing husbands. I am not so lucky. If he even sees me holding the camera in his direction, he "raises shields" (places a hand over his face) and flees the quadrant at warp-speed. And so I have "stealth" pictures like this to scrapbook.

Next on the agenda was Mispec Beach, where Hubby sought interesting bits of driftwood and I looked for sea glass. I found a few good pieces, but I like taking pictures I "find", rather than "pose" -- like this one of the shell and stones.

Lastly, we swung by Rockwood Park to see what we could find there, and at Fisher Lakes, there was a big bird in the distance. Thanks to the zoom on my camera, we were able to get a closer look. (I'm pretty sure this is a cormorant. If I'm wrong, please tell me.)

Anyway, it was a really great day. And it was sooooo warm -- I walked along the beach at Mispec with my jacket tied around my waist. (Guess I could have left it with Zaph after all!)

No comments: