Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Brain Detox Going Well ...

So, I gave up CNN and my true crime shows a week ago, in a quest to lessen the amount of negativity I absorb on a daily basis. So far, so good. I'm surprised, but I don't miss watching CNN at all. If there were a major earth science event (volcano or earthquake), I'm sure I'd be glued to it, but right now I'm not missing much.

I do miss the true crime shows more than I expected, but I think that's simply because they had become a matter of habit. "Oh, I'm home this afternoon, and City Confidential is on now ..." The weekend was the most difficult, as I usually have the TV on when I'm napping (and ditto when I fall asleep at night), but the Weather Channel and the TV Guide channel seem to work just as well.

Sorry about the pathetic doodle for today. I just got home after thirteen hours on the run, and I'm completely zonked. I'm going to kick off these shoes, put on my jammies, and will likely be snoring when my head hits the pillow. (One nice thing about snoring -- it means I'm not clenching my jaw all night!)

For those of you who also frequent Workin' with Frank and Jim, I really need to do an update over there, but I just haven't gotten to it yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

Night!

No comments: