Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Conversation with Student

Student: I don't want to do this assignment. It's gay.

Me: The assignment is neither happy nor homosexual. It is a piece of paper. (pause) Do you need help with the assignment? If so, bring it up and I'll give you a hand.

Student: No thanks. I'll just skip this graph part because it's too hard.

Me: Just set it up like I showed the class on the board. Copy what's on the board and then I'll show you what to do next.

Student: Nah, I'll just skip it.

Me: But you need to do the graph first because all of the other questions are based on the graph.

Student: Well, that's stupid. (shuffles paper in exasperation) I don't wanna do the graph. I don't feel like it. It's too long. I'll just do the other questions.

Me: But you have to do the graph in order to answer the rest of the questions. It's an assignment on graph creation and interpretation, so you have to do the graph first.

Student: Well, that's stupid. (long pause) Will you do it for me? I'll pay you ten bucks.

This is the future of Canadian society, folks. *grin*

No comments: