Monday, August 20, 2007

Long time, no blog.

Well, it took forever, but my Musical Ride pictures are now up on Flickr. Believe it or not, I didn't upload all 150 of them (I love horses, remember), but I'm sure you'll enjoy the eighty or so I left in. Besides the Musical Ride, the Mounties were also at Old Government House for a photo shoot, so there are pictures of that, and some I took wandering through the barn, pre-show, as well. (I didn't stay there long -- it felt a little awkward being by myself, and it's at times like that my shyness rears its ugly head.)

There was something about watching the Mounties coming along Woodstock Road that really caught me. I want to say it was national pride, but that would go against the whole "the only Canadian identity there is is that we have no identity" thing, wouldn't it?

Hubby is in bed, sound asleep, and I'm a little wired on Diet Pepsi. I keep forgetting that I can no longer drink 2L of the stuff and not have the caffeine affect me. Part of me wants to take advantage of the time by scrapbooking, but I think the rest of me is too restless -- I can't seem to settle on any particular pictures I want to work on. The only pictures I felt driven to do were the ones of my niece at Fisher Lakes, and I did those last night.

My heavens, that kid is cute. Now, she's not perfect (she's two!), but Auntie Karen is a little smitten, I must confess.

Maybe I'll start working on my Ottawa Trip mini-album. My plan for it is to do it entirely as 4" x 6" pages, so I can print it quickly and economically. I should probably figure out how many pages are in the album I'm using, though, first, since they aren't removable.

Or maybe I should just go to bed.

And now you know why this blog is called "Thinking Out Loud". *grin*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those scrapbook pages. And I like how you did the whole row of little square pics at the bottom of the pages.