Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Checking in.

Just a quick update as I just got home from work, and just have time to sleep before going in again in the morning.

I finally finished reading Val McDermid's The Grave Tattoo. I say "finally", not because I didn't enjoy it (I actually really did -- it kind of reminded me of my favourite author, Susanna Kearsley), but because I had set it down two months ago and kept forgetting to pick it back up.

Now, as part of my Thousand Days Plus One list, I'm reading Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca. My late friend Helmer claimed it as his favourite book of all time, and I promised him I would read it some day.

I spent the weekend in Fredericton, at the Highland Games, and got to take in a performance of the RCMP's Musical Ride as well. Pictures to come -- I promise!

It's hot in here again tonight. I'm definitely a spring and fall kind of girl -- no extremes for me.

No comments: