Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Inky Fingers

I've been teaching a Christmas Card Countdown rubber stamping class at the local arts and crafts store for the last few months. The idea behind it is to build up your stash of handmade cards before the insanity that is December hits. Overall, I've really been enjoying it (and I've been getting some cards made myself, too.)

Well, when I called the store tonight, no one had signed up for tomorrow night's class. Since we cancel if this is the case 24 hours before the class, I asked them to do so, and then I just puttered around the house instead of coming up with projects.

Well, an hour and a half later, the store called me back. My faithful class taker, P, had just arrived to sign up, and since it was her, I declared the class a "go" again.

Since I'm teaching tomorrow, complete with afterschool bus duty, that meant I had to scurry to come up with four card designs tonight. (I still have to cut up my cardstock tomorrow, but that's the easy part. I can get that done at suppertime.)

I'd like to say I'm totally in love with my projects for tomorrow night, but my personal jury is still out. I'm probably just feeling a little rushed and they'll look fine to me in the morning.

There is one project where P is either going to think I'm a genius, or hate my guts. I'm not sure how it will go, but the end result is beautiful. Simple, but elegant, and I get to teach the masking technique.

I really ought to show you some of these cards sometime. As of tonight, there are twenty different designs, most of which I totally love.

Okay, time to go to sleep. I have a long day tomorrow. Nighters!

No comments: