Monday, November 19, 2007

Mixed Media Monday -- Buttons

So, I recently stumbled across a new-to-me challenge site called Mixed Media Monday, and since I was home today, I decided to check out today's challenge. (I've decided to try checking out my "Weekly Inspiration" links as often as possible.)

Today's challenge was "Buttons" -- to use buttons somehow in your piece of mixed media artwork. So I dug through my stash, knowing that I went through a button phase, and found exactly what I was looking for: some of the teeniest, tiniest buttons you'll ever see on this planet, along with some thumbnail-sized pink flower buttons.

I'm not exactly sure that the recurrence of my migraine was unrelated to placing teeny-tiny buttons on little tiny gobs of rather stinky glue, but hey. It was fun. Add some coloured pencil to the background, and voila! You get this ATC.

It's simple, but I like it.

6 comments:

Diane said...

I love this piece. I'm sorry about your migraine, but I'm glad you came to play on Mixed Media Monday. Diane (MMM)

Anonymous said...

Wow wonderful idea. This is a great art-work.

Anonymous said...

Great idea, looks fab.

Rika said...

Wonderful idea!

Unknown said...

Do you know what? I think it was worth getting a migraine to produce this, it is simply stunning x

Anonymous said...

excellente idée !!