Monday, November 26, 2007

Mixed Media Monday - Gold

I went through a phase where I chopped up interesting images out of every National Geographic I could find. (Truth be told, if you handed me one now, I'd probably do the same thing.)

I raided my stash of clippings today to work on the Mixed Media Monday challenge of "Gold" and found the pocket watch and hand, which I then glued to a black and white background. Then I used gold brads and gold ink direct-to-paper, and, well, here it is!

(The handwriting is mine, using a brown Micron pen.)

I'm really happy with this one. I was saving that image for just the right "occasion", and I guess this was it!

4 comments:

Diane said...

This is a lovely piece, no wonder you feel pleased with it! Diane (MMM)

Anonymous said...

Wow really fabulous. Looks great.

Unknown said...

Honestly, what do I think? Well think along the lines of fabulous,fantastic, wonderful and there you have it x This image made me feel all whimsical

Anonymous said...

Very lovely.