Monday, January 14, 2008

Mixed Media Monday - Whimsy

A few years ago, I was filling in for an art teacher, and the assignment a particular class had to do was "a visual pun". At the time, I got this picture in my head, but didn't get around to executing it until much later.

I think I like the fact that it's escaping the frame, even more than I like the green and purple (my favourite colour combination) wings.

(Although I've now got the "Days of Our Lives" theme stuck in my head -- a particular blast from the past I didn't need! *grin*)

This ATC is created using cheap acrylic paint on basic watercolour paper, with a fine-tipped Sharpie thrown in for fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely, whimsical piece! Diane

Pink Elephant Soapery said...

Very original. I love the fact that you did your own thing! Excellent!

Jodi Peary said...

Time does fly when you are having fun and this piece is both fun as well as pun as well as true. Thanks. jodi

Marjo said...

Great colours in your atc!I like that you have painted it!

Mel♥ said...

o i love this