Monday, March 03, 2008

Books, etc.

My response to The Book Thief will have to wait until the morning, because I'm feeling pretty sleepy right now, and I want to make sure I do it justice.

Today was pretty busy. I spent a good chunk of it working on the official fan site for my favourite author, Susanna Kearsley (who also writes as Emma Cole). I'm very pleased with how it turned out, and so is Susanna, which makes me grin. If you'd like to check it out, you can reach it here. I have a lot more content to create, but the most important parts, the books, are fleshed out nicely.

I spent the rest of the afternoon and early evening with my cousin, Sheila. We are only three months apart in age and spent a lot of our childhood together until we were about ten years old. She has a new baby and it was great to visit with her. (The tacos were nummy, too!)

Okay, I'm beat, so I'm heading to bed.

PS -- Don't let me forget to buy new batteries for my booklight. In desperation to finish The Book Thief last night, I wound up stealing batteries from the TV remote -- in the dark!

No comments: