Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Derwent Inktense Pencils

I can remember sitting in my classroom in Grade Two, my hands balled up into fists in frustration. It was Art Time. Mrs. Ball, my teacher, noticed the look on my face, and, anticipating an eruption, hurried over.

"What is the matter, Karen?"

I poked at the paper. "I can't make the marker lines go away. I don't want the lines to show."

And since then I have been searching for a way to make brilliant, even colours. And I'm pretty sure I've found it!

I heard about these Derwent Inktense Pencils about a year ago but had kind of forgotten about them until I stumbled across them on Quietfire Design's website. There was a 6-pack for sale, so I went ahead and ordered them. They arrived yesterday and I am completely and totally in love! I need more practice, but just look at that red flower! Look at it! Even colour! No lines!

(deep breath)

Okay, I'm alright now -- I just need the 72-pack.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...and one big-ass pencil sharpener.