Sunday, March 23, 2008

Gothic Arches - "Heritage"

I decided to take a peek at what the challenge theme was for this week over at Gothic Arches.

When I saw that it was "Heritage", I had a dilemma. Since I'm half-Viking (Kraglunds are from Denmark) and half-Celt (Irish and Maclean on the other side, as well as Maclean by marriage), I wasn't sure which way to go.

Ultimately, the Macleans won out. I'm such a sucker for the red dress tartan and the castle. The fact that I found the map was an added bonus.

This is my first time playing on that challenge site, and I'm not sure if digital collage "counts", exactly, but I'm happy with this little piece of work.

And Hubby, who walked in, looked at it, and pronounced it "Cool", liked it too.

19 comments:

Debby said...

Gorgeous arch and perfect for the theme.
Debby

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Karen, so glad you joined us in this challenge. The great part of it is you can use any media you like! Your arch is amazing, I love your layout and your red tartan. Thanks for sharing some of your heritage, too!

*jean* said...

very nice, great composition!!

Willy said...

Beautiful arch!

Martha said...

I love your arch and the story about making it. Thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

You could have put horns on the arch and filled both needs. Just sayin.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful first arch!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, love the tartan edge

Sandy said...

Wow this is stunning arch. Great design.

Femmy said...

wonderful arch!!! love the red tartan look!!!

Jacqueline said...

Gotta love the tartan look!

Anonymous said...

beautiful arch, like the background tartan !

evanyberg said...

Great arch!

Frieda Oxenham said...

Absolutely love this arch, but then living in Scotland as I do, it really speaks to me!

Anonymous said...

Wow gorgeous arch!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

I married into Scottish heritage, Campbell Clan! Truly excellent and honoring artwork on your family heritage arch!
Creatively Yours, Laura

Anonymous said...

really a wonderful arch!

Vintage Papers said...

love your arch! another scot here! the tartan background is a fantastic touch!

Karen Owen said...

Love it! Welcome aboard!