Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back to hooking, finally.

I haven't done any hooking at all since April 26. "Why", you ask? Well, it's simple, really. I love it too much. I find it really meditative and therefore somewhat addicting. I knew that when my courses started, I had to focus strictly on them, so I imposed a "no hooking" rule on myself.

Since the courses ended, and my sister headed back to Nova Scotia, it has simply been too hot to play with strips of wool. The humidity even makes my hands slimy, so the last thing I needed to do was hook.

Well, this morning, I decided I was going to hook today until it got too hot and I had to stop.

This is what my current project looked like when I put it down on April 26.


And this is what it looks like now.


We're taking Piper to the beach for swimming lessons, and I'll probably hook some more when I get back.

(Told you I'm addicted.)

No comments: