Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happily Hooking Away

So, I hooked all day Thursday, and then most of today. The main section is hooked, but I need to go to River Gallery tomorrow to get the wool for the border. I have the perfect shade in mind, too. I just hope I have enough gas!


Because this is going to be the cover for my Puritan rughooking frame, I need to decide what sort of backing I'm going to put on the rug itself. I need to come up with something sturdy (and cheap!) that won't snag hopelessly on the gripper strips. I know what I'm doing for the edges -- just not the back. (If I have enough material, I might just do the same on the back. I'll have to see.)

It's okay that I'm totally in love with this and can't stop staring at it, right?

1 comment:

CelticCastOn said...

*sigh* I should have used larger strips!
Looks good!