Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Support your local space geek.

Keep Calm and Launch On: Space ShuttleIt's no secret that I am a human spaceflight enthusiast, and that I desperately want to attend the last space shuttle launch (currently scheduled for the end of June).  Unfortunately, unless I win the lottery, I'm not going to be able to make it without a little help.

I have created a button on Zazzle.com (and will likely create other products using the same image) so that, if you choose, you can help support my efforts to witness the end of an era.  My fascination with space began with Columbia's launch in April of 1981, and I really want to be there to witness the shuttle's final chapter.

If you would like to purchase a button, please click the image to the right.  Thanks, and -- launch on! :)

1 comment:

Karen Clouston said...

Karen, I think you need to set up a paypal account and one of those thermometer thingy's (that's a technical term by the way) where we can track the progress of your launch fund.

I'm serious. No, really.